Saturday, August 26, 2017

Lake Michigan Road Trip 2017: NRA Convention

Photos.

We learned Thursday that attendees and protesters were arriving for the NRA Personal Protection Expo. Many of them were at our hotel, since the Hilton is adjacent to the Wisconsin Center. Police presence was immediately felt, both outside and around the Center. I felt intrigued ... and alarmed.

Turns out the NRA people were friendly and courteous. Lots of smokers. As a confirmed anti-NRA, anti-gun, anti-everything associated with any kind of firearm or other weapon, I felt uneasy at best. However, curiosity got the better of me and I enjoyed watching the peaceful interaction among conventioneers, protesters and law enforcement.

A few out-of-towners were up when I went down to the Lobby to pick up a couple of Starbucks breakfast sandwiches this morning. No one was willing to make eye contact so I decided to mind my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment